23 August 2009

self censorship.

one of the biggest things i think about when (prospectively) writing blog posts is how much of me i want to put out there. after writing a post, i usually read through and delete all excessive whining, but that's not something i feel bad about. but then i wonder, is that whining getting rid of a vital part of the entitled snob in me? or are my posts better off without "her"?

i try to be honest on here but it's really hard to maintain that. where do i draw the line between sharing things and not? do i talk about my rocky relationship with my father? do people care? can i do that without making it sound pitiful and attention-seeking? not that my father would find this blog, but if he did, would he be angry? probably. but do i write anyways? isn't that part of an online diary? i'm just not sure.

i want to write and be brutally honest and offensive like all the posts that i write mentally, because that's what i like to read. but i'm still working on where to draw the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment